"Am I able to shop in person or pick up my order locally?"
Unfortunately at this time we don't have a storefront, just a warehouse, so we are not set up to allow any type of walk-ins for any reason. The address listed on the site is a mailing address, not our physical address.
*ATTENTION 5.45 HEADSPACED KIT CUSTOMERS: We apologize for any delays on these orders. Barrels were initially projected to arrive in July, which would have been 3 weeks before we would be starting on any 5.45 kits due to our headspacing lead time. Unfortunately Green Mountain barrel production has been delayed, and are now expected to arrive in our warehouse in the 3rd week of August.
Due to this factor outside our control, work cannot start on those kits until barrels arrive, so this will delay getting those early orders out. If you placed your order on April 28th, that was the day the kits launched, there is a week's worth of working time for those orders alone due to how many orders were placed. Kits will be shipping in chronological order once barrels arrive, so hopefully this should give a ballpark estimate on shipping your kit based on order date.
We thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Please note that these time frames are an approximate estimate, and can fluctuate based on order volume (especially for kit orders).
- Parts Orders - 1 to 4 business days
- Parts Kits - Non Headspaced & RPG's - 7-10 business days (hand selected options could take longer!)
- Parts Kits - Headspaced - 9 to 10 weeks
- FFL Items - 5 to 7 business days (Please email FFL@armsofamerica.com a copy of the FFL and order number so we can process your order faster)
- Barrels in need of services - Can add an extra 1-3 weeks depending on order volume
- Pinned mags - Can add an extra 1-3 weeks depending on order volume
We do kindly ask that you allow us the allotted time stated above before reaching out for a status update.
We can ship to virtually any address in the United States. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use (USPS and FedEx), all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund, minus shipping. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). Customer modified items will not be accepted for return or exchange.
You should expect to receive your refund within three weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (3 to 7 business days) and the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (2 to 4 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (2 to 4 business days).
If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.
Most refunds will be issued back to the card used for payment.
If this is not an option, such in the case of an expired card, or a money order/Credova payment, funds will be issued to the account used to place the order as store credit only.
All firearms that are sold directly through us have a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase in regards to manufacturer defects. Please contact us if you believe there is an issue with your new firearm and we will be happy to talk with you about it. We will require photos (or video if necessary) to demonstrate what may be happening before we can offer solutions or warranty work.
- During assembly, it is normal for tools and machines to cause minor cosmetic scratches to the original parts finish.
Most commonly, drilling any holes will cause metal shavings to scratch paint around the hole, and hammering any pins in with a punch will remove finish from the pin.
- In order to complete your build, you will need to remove your barrel from the trunnion, rivet the trunnion into your receiver, then press the barrel back in.
We pre-drill the barrel pin hole so you are able to use that as a guide when pressing your barrel back in.
Go/No-Go gauges must then be used to verify headspace before fully installing your barrel pin.
- Your kit is 100% head-spaced correct out of the box. We perform a series of checks across several team members prior to every order shipping out.
If you have concerns, you must check headspace BEFORE changing anything about the headspaced assembly using GO/NO-GO GAUGE!!!
If you have questions, please take pictures, and/or video, and reach out to us.
- Once the barrel is removed, or any alteration has been made to the populated barrel, at that point the customer or builder becomes responsible for the build. AOA cannot take responsibility for a headspaced assembly once alterations have been made to our gunsmith's work.
Removing the barrel and reinstalling it may result in head-space loosening or tightening of your pre-head spaced kit if you are only eyeballing the barrel pin hole. It can look lined up, but still be off by a few thousandths of an inch.
- Recheck head-space after you are done riveting your trunnion into your receiver and reinstall the barrel, and ensure it is good BEFORE pressing the barrel pin.
**If you need to send an assembly back, we will charge another headspacing fee. We also cannot accept receivers, so if it needs to be sent back in, you must remove the receiver if it has already been riveted.
- Once all built, please clean your firearm before firing to make sure your new firearm is clear of assembly or shipping debris.
Thank you again.
Email Protection: Emails provided on our website for orders or for giveaways will not be sold to any other company but could be used by sister companies now or in the future.
Please do not use any saved "Auto-fill" information for the Shipping step (it is fine to use it for Billing), doing this will override your FFL's information and often leads to the order failing to process the transfer correctly.
If you are having trouble entering your FFL during checkout, please see below:
**IF YOU CANNOT FIND YOUR FFL DURING CHECKOUT: Your FFL's License name registered with the ATF may be different from their business name, or you may need to verify spelling and punctuation. You can use the following tools to ensure that you are typing in the correct name:
FFL EZ Check
In rare instances, the FFL in question may be very new and not part of the FFL Boss database yet. In those cases, it may be best for you to choose a different FFL.
Alternatively, if you cannot find your FFL in the system and are not able to use a different one, we can get them added if you have the license sent to us ahead of time. This will take some time for us to process.
- Arms of America is not responsible for ANY complications that arise with your FFL dealer and transfer. Any cost of the transfer or otherwise is the responsibility of the customer.
- Any firearms that need to be shipped back to us due to FFL transfer complications will be subject to a 25% restock fee, and any return shipping costs are between the customer and the FFL dealer. The dealer will already have a copy of our FFL in hand for proper transfer and shipping back to us. If we are requested to send a return label, we will need to re-charge the original card for the cost of that label.
- If there is an issue with shipping and the FFL package gets returned to us for whatever reason, please contact us immediately to rectify the situation.
- PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE YOUR FFL, once the order is placed. Our system immediately processes your transfer to the chosen FFL upon completion of checkout. Make sure the dealer you choose is the dealer you want it shipped to. Once an FFL dealer is assigned to your order it is very hard to change. We may not be able to change if the paperwork has already been processed and ALL change request must be submitted via email no exceptions.
Please Note: We must have the dealer write Your ORDER NUMBER on the email with the FFL, this allows us to know who & what the FFL is for, if we do not get this we cannot process the order. If your dealer does not include your NAME or ORDER NUMBER with the FFL sent in we will not process the order.
We will NOT contact your dealer to arrange the transfer or request paperwork from them. We will not call, email or fax any forms, or other etc to your dealer in advance. The process is simple >> Your dealer emails a copy of their FFL with your name & order number & we send a copy of our FFL with the firearm to your dealer. Anything more required by your dealer is only slowing down the process. All requests and communications with their FFL are done by the customer only. Please do not request alterations to our listed policy they will be declined. We do not provide you with serial numbers of firearms in advance this will be given to you by your dealer once they receive the item and verify the serial number. This cuts down on possible mistakes so please do not ask or demand the numbers.
We need to receive the FFL for your order within 7-10 days of order placement so we can ship ASAP. After 30 days if we have not received the FFL for the transfer dealer, your order will be canceled and a 10% restocking fee charged.