**Please note: at this time we are not offering Romanian Surplus headspaced kits on our Chrome Lined barrels due to gas block fitment issues, we are only offering Nitride barrels for these Romanian Surplus kits. Please do no call or email to request to change the barrel for headspacing as it will be denied.
These Rare Romanian MD 63 Underfolders AKM 47's are highly collectable and make excellent compact 7.62x39 rifles! Carefully demilled and offered in a variety of grades. These kits were issued so expect wear but they are still fully operational. They will have finish wear and possibly carvings, cracked upper handguards, small dents, and dings in parts and or the wood furniture. All kits come with cleaning rod.
Non-matching kits may come with palm swell handguard instead of dong. Cracked upper handguards is also common.
Higher grades and later years will see less instances of wear and tear.
CAT II kits are guaranteed to match all major serial numbers, have good original finish, and are mostly later year kits 70's-80's
You will still need to purchase a receiver, rivets, and possibly other small parts to complete this kit. These are original full auto Military rifles so you must comply with 922r and build this rifle in semi auto.
*Auto rate reducer, reducer spring, curved sear, trip spring, and 3rd pin removed for kits going to the following states:
Kits range from 1967-1980's and only a small portion are from the 60's and have the palm swell handguard (anything 1970 and later will have the reverse dong). Any hand select requsts for 60's dated kits may take a long time to fulfill or be impossible depending on inventory, so we recommend you offer alternative date requests if you are looking for an early model Hand Select.
- During assembly, it is normal for tools and machines to cause minor cosmetic scratches to the original parts finish.
Most commonly, drilling any holes will cause metal shavings to scratch paint around the hole, and hammering any pins in with a punch will remove finish from the pin.
- In order to complete your build, you will need to remove your barrel from the trunnion, rivet the trunnion into your receiver, then press the barrel back in.
We pre-drill the barrel pin hole so you are able to use that as a guide when pressing your barrel back in.
Go/No-Go gauges must then be used to verify headspace before fully installing your barrel pin.
- Your kit is 100% head-spaced correct out of the box. We perform a series of checks across several team members prior to every order shipping out.
If you have concerns, you must check headspace BEFORE changing anything about the headspaced assembly using GO/NO-GO GAUGE!!!
If you have questions, please take pictures, and/or video, and reach out to us.
- Once the barrel is removed, or any alteration has been made to the populated barrel, at that point the customer or builder becomes responsible for the build. AOA cannot take responsibility for a headspaced assembly once alterations have been made to our gunsmith's work.
Removing the barrel and reinstalling it may result in head-space loosening or tightening of your pre-head spaced kit if you are only eyeballing the barrel pin hole. It can look lined up, but still be off by a few thousandths of an inch.
- Recheck head-space after you are done riveting your trunnion into your receiver and reinstall the barrel, and ensure it is good BEFORE pressing the barrel pin.
**If you need to send an assembly back, we will charge another headspacing fee. We also cannot accept receivers, so if it needs to be sent back in, you must remove the receiver if it has already been riveted.
- Once all built, please clean your firearm before firing to make sure your new firearm is clear of assembly or shipping debris.
Thank you again.